The garage is usually the area where everything accumulates, so typically it’s a mess. If your garage isn’t clean, buyers may make up their mind about the condition of the rest of the home! May sound extreme, but believe me, this works every time.
- Empty everything out of the garage. Hose down the floor, and if there are stains remaining, paint it porch gray.
- Paint the garage walls off-white using a flat latex paint.
- After the paint is dry – put everything back in the garage piece by piece and throw out what you won’t be taking with you. Then organize what’s left.
- Use an open bag of charcoal to absorb moisture in the storage shed.
- If you have too much “stuff,” rent a storage unit and store it there.